- AirAsia X: We never asked for personal favours from Rolls Royce
Meanwhile, sister company AirAsia Bhd says it never had dealings with Rolls Royce.
- DPM II proposal: It was my personal view, says MCA's Loke
Having a MCA leader as second DPM will show the party commands respect, says Loke Yuen Yow.
- Ten bodies wash up on shore after boat capsizes off Mersing
The boat is believed to be carrying illegal immigrants from Batam, Indonesia.
- Umno may risk breaking up BN if it tables Act 355, says Liow
If Umno disregards dissenting voices, then it would be the culprit for breaking the BN spirit, adds MCA president.
- Three friends jailed for stealing from mosque donation box
They used a wire to fish out the cash, says the charge.
- Eaglexpress renews safety certificate for haj, umrah
It is gearing up from being the provider of ‘wet lease’ aircraft to becoming the leading carrier for chartered flights.
- Salleh's three reasons on why BN is the best choice
Unlike BN, Pakatan Harapan doesn't have a concensus on anything, says communications minister.
- Probe driver 'assault' under Section 325 of Penal Code, PSM tells police
'Section 147 is an investigation that will free (the assaulters) of charges,' says activist Khalid Mohd Ismath.
- Orang Asli activists face another wave of arrests in Gua Musang
Lawyer say that some were have been detained before and it was unlawful to detain a person for the same matter twice.
- Dr M casting doubts on immigration policy, says MB
Khaled Nordin says buying an apartment in Johor doesn't come with free citizenship.
- M'sia to talk to 10 other TPPA members
Minister Ong Ka Chuan says the remaining TPPA members will decide on next course of action.
- Nurul Izzah slams Zahid for urging Umno to emulate Trump
'I am disappointed if any M'sian leader can sanction falsehoods simply for the sake of winning an election,' PKR veep says.
- Take stern action against nudists, says tourism minister
Nazri Aziz says the motivational module had tainted the national culture and calls the participants 'sick in the head'.
- 'Looks like the moon represents DAP's heart after all'
MCA Youth says Kit Siang's olive branch to Hadi spells trouble for non-Muslims.
- Tourism M'sia offices nationwide to close to avoid job duplication
The move is expected to translate into RM6 million in annual savings, says tourism minister.
- MCA: So it's 'Malaysian Malaysia' no more?
DAP once claimed a non-Malay can become the PM, so why aren't they keen on DPM post, Chai Kim Sen asks.
- Missing MH370 'highly likely' to be north of search area
MH370 | 'But that’s not absolutely for certain,' says the head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.
- Add Rukunegara as preamble to Federal Constitution, says group
This is to remedy symptoms that show the society 'sleepwalking' into dangerous situations, say civil activists.
- Financial constraints won?t affect security, says defence chief
We will never compromise on capacity operations just because of financial constraints, says Gen Raja Mohamed Affandi.
- Olive branch to Hadi Awang not hypocrisy, says Kit Siang
The DAP veteran hopes Hadi can put aside differences to focus on combating kleptocracy.
- PAS proposes that Amanah merge with DAP
"I propose Amanah merge with DAP, as it is seen to be closer to DAP," says PAS veep Iskandar Samad.
- Johor MB offers Dr M tour of Forest City
State government will always ensure that Johoreans come first, says Khaled Nordin.
- 'Failure of TPPA will not curtail Malaysia's trade'
Nation is ready with a number of other alternatives, says deputy minister Ahmad Maslan.
- Liow to meet with MH370 families in Perth
MH370 | Lobby groups seek to pressure transport minister into resuming search for missing plane.
- Cops in Dharmendran case succeed in overturning default judgment
UPDATED 1.25PM | Widow MS Marry had obtained a default judgment after the four failed to respond to her civil suit.
- South China Sea dispute not zero-sum game, says minister
The dispute is not just about winners and losers, but what is good for the region.
- Samsung Electronics says battery defects caused Note 7 fires
Coming ahead of Galaxy S8 launch, Samsung adds that no other problems, besides batteries, found.
- PAS meets Catholic and NGO reps to discuss Act 355
PAS deputy chief Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man explains the proposed amendments, including the Act's impact on non-Muslims.
- Opposition not behind bid to 'topple' you, Zahid told
UPDATED 12.35PM | PAS' Mahfuz asks if the people the DPM is accusing of this are not from his own team.
- Perkasa wants life imprisonment, whipping for the corrupt
The Malay rights group also wants a new law enacted to enable the corrupt to be held indefinitely, without bail.
- GLC suspends deputy MD following MACC arrest
The firm tells Bursa its COO will take over the suspect's duties as MD and CEO.
- Beware of 'BN proxy' third bloc parties, Amanah tells voters
'Third bloc' is a secret and crafty BN plan to split the opposition, says Salahuddin Ayub.
- Kelantan flood victims rise to 8,392, Sabah also sees a rise
UPDATED 12.05PM | However, in Terengganu, subsiding waters enable more flood victims to return home.
- Perhaps Dr M fears another 'Project IC' in Forest City?
YOURSAY | 'Why didn't he show such concerns when Project IC was running rampant in Sabah?'
- Syed Hussein Alatas - 10 years on
COMMENT | My grandfather had a personal side which was witty at times, serious at others.
- TN50 survey to gauge M'sian pride on economy, sports, heritage
The national blueprint for the next 20 years is in the works.
- 'Trucker attack unprovoked'; Dr M vs PAS; Harapan to allow UEC
KINI ROUNDUP | Key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
- Predictions mean nothing if there?s no 'one man, one vote'
YOURSAY | ‘And they said Hillary Clinton would win, the UK wouldn't leave the EU.’
- Woman chained in Serdang over 'drinking habit'
Her upper body was chained to the 3K Complex at Serdang Raya.
- Minister contradicts Mara chief on UniKL's UEC recognition
Ismail Sabri says UniKL won't recognise UEC, but Annuar Musa says the Mara-owned varsity does.
- ... more feeds
- From monuments to failures
Automatic street toilets, a Taj Mahal-inspired food court, a sophisticated flood warning system and bridges meant for the blind are among the projects in the city that have failed and cost taxpayers millions of ringgit.
- Faiz wants a shot of Ronaldo
PETALING JAYA: Puskas Award finalist Faiz Subri is eyeing a selfie with his idol Cristiano Ronaldo at the Best FIFA Football Awards in Zurich today.
- Carey Island: Idyllic island with a modern future
EXCLUSIVE: Carey Island has always been an idyllic place, and the home of the famous Mah Meri orang asli tribe where tourists can find wood carvings.
- Fantasy Wonderland in sand
JOHOR BARU: The country's first International Sand Sculpture Festival promises visitors “an experience from another world”. The festival, to cost RM1.5mil, will feature works from world-renowned sand sculptors including from China, Japan and Taiwan.
- A record made-in-Malaysia 24-festive drum show
KUALA LUMPUR: Many are not aware that the 24-festive drum is a performance art that has its roots in Malaysia.
- 4,000 lanterns add to festive air in Penang
BUKIT MERTAJAM: Motorists travelling along several roads here will be greeted by 4,000 red lanterns put up by various associations and business owners in conjunction with Chinese New Year.
- Fernandes: AirAsia thrives on competition
SEPANG: An environment of rising competition in the airlines sector forcing the players to reduce prices works well for AirAsia Bhd.
- Expanding a delivery model
What started out as a childhood habit became the foundation of a food delivery business for Chandrasegaran Uthamaseelan.
- Big croc captured in Sabah
KOTA KINABALU: A 3.2m-long crocodile has been captured in a village in Penampang. It has been described by wildlife rangers as the largest captured in the district so far.
- Bachelor values old folks home
PEKAN NENAS: For 67-year-old Wong Kue Soi (pic), his “extended family” at an old folks home here has brought him peace. It is much better than staying with his own family members.
- ... more feeds